Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys Elite > Updating issues/ClearingSD Card
Updating issues/ClearingSD Card

1352 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2019-11-30 13:28:46

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    drborden
    2019-11-01 23:33:05
    I am attempting to download updates for my maxisys elite and it tells me the SD card is full and to clear it. What do I do?

•   Level 3   
    (89) points
    kcny77

2019-11-02 00:38:21

Clear the internal card or make room by removing apps you don't need, screenshots, cars you don't work on, etc.  It's wise to add an external SD card to help avoid the issue you are having.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2019-11-18 09:06:43 (Reply to:drborden)

Get a new 32gb SD Card San-Disk and insert as External than delete Benz & BMW MINI software reboot your tool than star update with Benz software than, BMW & MINI software will automatically be installed in you SD Card...................

•   Level 2   
    (38) points
    moorediag

2019-11-22 01:30:35 (Reply to:Ashraf)

Where and how do insert an extra SD Card?

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2019-11-22 17:56:34 (Reply to:moorediag)

Look in the user manual and you will see where to insert SD Card....................

•   Level 2   
    (18) points
    Autel

2019-11-28 11:28:36 (Reply to:drborden)

For some of the old Maxisys Pro and Maxisys ms908 tools, the storage was 32G which was not enough to take all software updates now.

The storage capacity on board the tool is related to hardware so it cannot be expanded.

The only solution for storage shortage problem is to add external SD card of specification San disk 16G, Class 10, 80MB/S to the tablets. Only this kind of SD card can be compatible with Maxisys tablets.

Before installing the SD card please do the following

Go to the Maxisys application and look for Data Manager select this and then select Apps uninstall that please delete BMW, Mini and Rolls Royce software.

once these have deleted look at top of screen and select SERVICE and Delete BMW and MINI in there as well.

Now reboot tool and place SD card in the slot on left hand side of tool and the go to download tab and download BMW on its own first and then download everything else after.

This will fix the problem.

•   Level 2   
    (18) points
    Autel

2019-11-28 11:29:16 (Reply to:Ashraf)

For some of the old Maxisys Pro and Maxisys ms908 tools, the storage was 32G which was not enough to take all software updates now.

The storage capacity on board the tool is related to hardware so it cannot be expanded.

The only solution for storage shortage problem is to add external SD card of specification San disk 16G, Class 10, 80MB/S to the tablets. Only this kind of SD card can be compatible with Maxisys tablets.

Before installing the SD card please do the following

Go to the Maxisys application and look for Data Manager select this and then select Apps uninstall that please delete BMW, Mini and Rolls Royce software.

once these have deleted look at top of screen and select SERVICE and Delete BMW and MINI in there as well.

Now reboot tool and place SD card in the slot on left hand side of tool and the go to download tab and download BMW on its own first and then download everything else after.

This will fix the problem.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    markstire

2019-11-30 13:28:46 (Reply to:Autel)

I have this problem on a maxisys elite. I do not have any visible SD card slot on the left
    side on the device (or anywhere else). Can anyone please direct me to the card slot on
    this model? Thank you!
  Total1 Pages